Monday, August 20, 2007

Little Composer

Things were a little crazy at our house this morning. Yesterday Ethan had a fever all day and we also found out that he was supposed to start preschool today. I was not prepared for that. In Concord preschool always started a couple of weeks after regular school. Well, he was supposed to start on the same day here. We did not know much except that my deposit check was cashed, so I was hoping he had a spot. School starts a half an hour earlier than what we are used to so I had both kids fed, presentable, lunch packed and out the door at 8:15. We got to the school and nobody was there. We waited a few minutes and decided our source of information that school started today was wrong. So we went back home. I did finally contact someone at the school today and it starts next Monday. Ethan is on the list, but there is not a meet the teacher day. Anyway, as I was working on the computer and Aubrey was napping Ethan kept insisting he needed a piece of paper. This is what I found him doing with it. He had composed a song for the piano. He sat at the piano for about 20 minutes and just sang and played his heart out. It was priceless. Derek thinks he may actually have some musical talent since he is making up songs on his own. He obviously does not get that from me.
He also had a real phone conversation with Grandma today. It was so cute I took a picture. I was talking to her and he picked up the other phone and just started talking. I was making a meal for someone in the band whose wife had a baby and we really needed to go to the store, but I could not break into his conversation. He seriously talked to Grandma in real conversation for about 15 minutes. This is a record by far. I just sat in the other room and listened to him tell her all kinds of things. It was too sweet to stop him.

No comments: