Thursday, June 19, 2008

School for Ethan

Yesterday at the pool I struck up a conversation with a lady and I am so thankful that I did. It ended up that we have very similar backgrounds and she told me of a new charter school that is opening in August. She gave me all the details and it sounded wonderful. In fact, I went straight from the pool to pick up the registration packet. It is a first come first serve basis and since it is just opening it has room. We really feel that this seems like a wonderful opportunity for Ethan. We are going to register him and then continue to pray if that is the school for him. It is on our side of town and only about 10 minutes from our house. He will have to wear a uniform and I am fine with that. The part that I am excited about is that both parents have to log in 20 hours of volunteer time for the year. I am so excited to get to know some other families that care about their child's education and want to be involved.
Last night on the way home from church Aubrey got interested in my Oriental Trading magazine that I was looking through for things for VBS. It was very cute. She was naming all the things that she knew - sun, stars, hand, eyes, sunglasses, etc. Of course, each one started with "Look Mommy" and I had to look at what she was pointing at. The first few minutes were adorable, but the whole 10 minutes home was a bit much. This is what she did when we got home. She just laid right down on the kitchen floor and started flipping through the magazine. If I had known she would like the magazine so much I would have given it to her a long time ago. I think I get about 3 a week in the mail.

This has been a busy week for me as I am getting ready to go to camp next week with the church. VBS is also right around the corner so I am trying to get a lot of stuff done for that.


1 comment:

Pam said...

I have plenty of catalogs that come for you in the office, that I can save for Aubrey. I've been pitching the triplicates. She'll either be an early reader or an early shopper!LOL Love, Pam