Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Always Something Exciting

I have just arrived back at home from being at the hospital since 3:00 this morning. Derek will be having his appendix taken out sometime this morning. Denise (our pastor's wife) came over and stayed at our house while we headed to the emergency room. Derek is doing fine and awaiting a time for his surgery. It should be sometime this morning. I came home for a quick shower and a break from my terribly uncomfortable green plastic chair that I have become good friends with. Fortunately, I just got a few books from the library so I am stocked on reading material for our hospital stay. Please pray for Derek today and his surgeon Dr. Bower. Dr. Bower goes to our church and is a great guy so we are blessed that he will be in good hands. This is Derek's first surgery. He had his first IV this morning. Yes, I will take pictures! I will let you know when he is out of surgery.

No comments: