Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cuts and Bruises

Today we went to the indoor playground for playgroup. We were there for over an hour and the kids were having a great time. Aubrey is now able to climb everything on her own and not really need my help. I found out great news from my friend Rochelle that Ethan did not have to have the Land's End shorts and pants as his uniform for the Charter school, but any khaki ones that are plain were fine. There happened to be a consignment store a few stores down, so I asked the other moms if they would mind if I ran down for a second to see if they had any shorts that would work. Long story short, I can back about 10 minutes later to see Rochelle and the owner of the place hovering over Ethan whose chin was bleeding. Great time for me to choose to leave. I rushed over to him to find out that a boy (not with our group) pushed him really hard into a toy and it cut his chin up. While were were putting a bandaid and an ice pack on Ethan, Aubrey decided she wanted to get into the action. She was playing on a Little Tykes slide thing and decided to climb up the side instead of the steps and flew right over the top. I did not witness this either. I saw her lying on her stomach crying so hard that she was shaking. I hoped over the little gate and grabbed her and tried to calm her down. I am really winning the Mother Of The Year Award at this moment. Both kids are injured and I have to ask for a second ice pack. Aubrey would not have anything to do with it as her cheek was bruising already. I did get her to stop crying by buying her a bag of chips from the snack machine. At this moment I decided it was time to leave. What are the odds that both kids would get hurt so close to each other. We have been many times and have never had any injuries. Oh well, the life of two small kids. Here are some pictures of my injured kids.Her shinner does look worse in person, but I guess it is good that is looks better in picture.

Ethan's cut. He had to hit the toy really hard because there were not any sharp edges on it at all. At McDonald's afterwards he really wanted to go check it out in the mirror.
I was trying to get a picture of Aubrey's cheek and you can't really see it in this picture, but thought I would leave it because this picture captures so much of her personality. My sweet trouble maker!
Of course we had to go back to the Target again today to look for shorts for Ethan for school and we found these really cool markers. Derek and I were just talking last night how we can never keep our sliding glass door clean from the kids fingerprints. These markers write on glass. How fun is that! The kids had a blast with them and Daddy did not seem to mind. At least it is prettier than fingerprints. I think this will be a new favorite thing to do.

No comments: