Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hospital Stay

I am sitting in Derek's room trying to pass some time. He is awake and doing well this morning, but is thankful for pain medicine. His voice is weak from the air tube that was down his throat, but thankfully it is not sore. The doctor said it will be a good week before he can return to work and anther week for him to really feel great. He is not supposed to lift anything over 10-15 lbs for 6 weeks. This will be the biggest challenge I believe as Aubrey is over that limit. She loves for Derek to pick her up and hold her. We will just have to teach her to climb into his lap instead. Derek's parents arrived last night to help out. We can take turn with the kids and keep them out of Derek's way so he can relax for the next few days. This will be difficult for the kids because they are used to it being play time when Derek is home. I think a lot of movies will be watched. Here are some pictures that I took yesterday.Derek waiting in his emergency room all day. He has some pain medicine so he has a smile on his face.
This is my very uncomfortable green chair that I spent 10 hours in yesterday. There was not any possible way to sleep in this thing - so I finished a book instead.
Ethan came to see Daddy before surgery.
Balloons that Ethan brought him.
My new chair that reclines in the hospital room. So much better! The facilities here are actually very nice.

A shot of Derek with his first ever IV.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Oh my! What a nightmare! I'm glad he's better now and will be praying for a speedy and easy recovery!