Sunday, August 16, 2009

Handy Household Helper

At church we are doing a series with the kids on robots and they are H3's or Handy Household Helpers. Our main point this weekend was I Will Do Helpful Things For Others To Show Them God's Love. One of the examples given was to take your neighbor some water while mowing the grass. Tonight Ethan came out with a bottle of water for me while I was mowing. He was so sweet and so helpful and continued helping by raking for me, or at least helping. When we finished he then went on to ask if there was anything else he could do. Yeah, for learning things at church!! While I was mowing I noticed that our neighbor Linda's grass was still pretty high, as her mower is broken. She is very kind and helpful to us with watching the kids and getting our mail when we are gone and all sorts of other neighborly things, so I decided that I would mow the grass for her since she helps us so much. I also wanted to be an example to Ethan about helping others if that is what I was asking him to do. We had a really fun time out at the beach this afternoon. After the last service, which we LOVE only having two Sunday services, we went and grabbed some lunch and then went to the beach. The waves were great for boogie boarding so Derek and I both took turns with Ethan in the water. The waves were a little too much for Aubrey today so she was content playing in the sand. I sat there at the beach watching Derek and Ethan in the water and Aubrey in the sand and was just thankful for my wonderful family. I really am blessed!


I curled Aubrey's hair this morning for church and I am glad I took a picture because an hour later by the time we got to church it was almost flat. Oh well, it was cute while it lasted.



She really wanted to take off her jacket when she got to church because she said a jacket is for when you are chilly and she was sure she needed to take it off at church. It took some work to convince her that it was just part of her outfit and not really meant to keep her warm.
Of course I had to take a picture of my handsome little guy too.

No comments: