Thursday, August 13, 2009

Surprise Party

Yesterday, Ethan found a shiny stone in the nursery at church and that inspired him to give me a surprise birthday party - even though my birthday is not until March. While I mowed the yard yesterday he worked with Aubrey in the guest room to set up the party. When Derek got home they made us close our eyes and took us into the "surprise party." I took pictures of it because they were so excited and it was so thoughtful and cute.



Derek on the bed with the balloons that Ethan had found in his closet.
Ethan giving my my present that he had wrapped in paper. I wondered why the top sheet of paper in the tray today and two little squares cut out of it. I just figured it out now.
My present

Our party food. The loaf of bread was the cakeBruster's bed and accessories were decorations.


We ordered pizza last night from Domino's because we had a coupon and Derek thought the free chocolate lava cake sounded good. He called on the way home laughing with Ethan about how small the lava cake was. We all had a bite of this cake. I took it next the the candle jar lid to give you an idea of how tiny this thing was. We just had to laugh and we won't do that again. We said we should have gone with the free breadsticks, but we may have only gotten a half of one!

No comments: