Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What A Week!

Ethan was at basketball camp during the day all last week, so Aubrey and I had lots of time together. We checked out this neat book bag from the library. It was Mrs. Honey's Hat and it had the character and all the things that stick on her hat as well as a game. We had a lot of fun with it. We will definitely be checking out more of these.
Ethan showing us his basketball and some new moves he learned at camp.
Derek needed to go to Jacksonville on Friday to get something for church so we decided to make it a Chuck E Cheese night. Ethan enjoyed camp, but thought the days were too long so we wanted to reward him for sticking it out. Aubrey also had very good behavior last week, plus Derek found a coupon online.

I could not believe they actually played air hockey together. They are growing up on me. It was so funny though because when Ethan would score, Aubrey would cheer because she thought she did something good by getting the puck in her slot. Too cute.



Ethan rocked out on the skee ball and beat both Derek and I with the high score of the night.

After Aubrey tried out the games she decided she liked the slide best. She must have gone down it more than 20 times. Half the time she would be singing and you could hear her as she made her way down.
They have really started to play more together. Here they are playing My Little Pony.com. Ethan claims he was helping her, but I think he secretly enjoyed it.
Derek called me this morning with heart breaking news. The church was broken into last night and a bunch of stuff was stolen. The worst hit was our kids room where we just put of four tv's that were a gift from a member where kids play video games before the services.
The large tv was also taken. I guess we might have to go back to the flannel boards this weekend as our children's curriculum is DVD driven. It does not get much sadder than stealing from a church. They even took Derek's mini fridge out of his office. Who steals a mini fridge? Ethan kept reminding us that is was good that nothing was in it at the moment because he had just checked it yesterday for a drink. Ethan was asking so many questions about the robbery that we finally just went over and checked it out. We saw where they used a crow bar to break in the door and Ethan thoughly investigated each room to see what was missing. The positive side is that the worship center was untouched and that the church was not really damaged or vandalized. Ethan is still talking about it right now as I type and he realized he did not check the closet with the vaccuums. He is very concerned about the vaccuums. Such a sweet boy.
After a depressing mood at the church we headed over to Kohl's. I was looking for a shirt for Ethan that was stained that multiple washings did not get out. I did not find it, but I did find some great bargins for me. Alwasys a good picker upper. I got the cute jacket for 90% and the jeans for 80%. You just can't get a pair of jeans for $10 anymore, so I was feeling pretty good when I left. The jacket has a button on the back, so Derek told me I looked like Paddington Bear...what a way with words! Oh well, I love him anyway, he has far more redeeming qualities!
I am all packed and ready for our last trip of the summer. The kids and I are heading up to MI again to see my family tomorrow for a week. I am taking to books and a blanket to work on. I love having others around to entain the kids! I have lots of fun in the water and playing games too!

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

How awful about the church . . . you know people are desperate when they steal from a church! Our church was also broken into this summer. :(