Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ethan's Baptism

Today was a very exciting day in our family as Derek baptized Ethan! As an extra bonus, Hannah (one of the twins we carpool with who was also in Ethan's class) was baptized as well. Derek did both baptisms.
Pastor John has a diagram on his wall and he is telling the kids exactly what will happen.



Listening very carefully to the instructions. Unfortunately, it did not matter because Pastor Greg called up Hannah first and her instructions were to follow what Ethan does. That threw the poor kids all off. Oh, well things like that happen!

Waiting for the service to start
A church member took some great action shots for us. He is a photographer and has a much better camera than mine, so I asked him to take pictures for me. I will upload more as I get them. Dave was also kind enough to video for me so that I could just sit back and take in the moment and not worry about capturing it other than in my heart! What a blessing that was to me.
After he got baptized. He said the water was really cold! We are so proud of our sweet boy! Ethan is an amazing kid and I am honored to be his mother. It was so special to watch Derek baptize him. My prayer for him and that he will take this love he has for God and build upon it and use it mightily in his life. He has a tough road ahead of him being a pastor's kid, but I pray that he will not get burnt out with church, but that it would become a part of him. He has a wonderful example to follow in Derek. This is the beginning of a wonderful spiritual journey that God will take him on. Ethan is one awesome kid and I am so excited to see how God is going to use this sweet child that we are blessed to call ours. We love you Ethan and are so proud of you today!

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Congratulations Ethan, and you too mama!! Ethan's decision is a huge reflection on what great parents you and Derek are. What a super special day for your family. God is good!!