Friday, June 18, 2010

Puppy Chasing

So this is an incident that would only happen to me. I am out running this morning and about 61/2 miles into my 7 mile run, I get chased by two puppies. Apparently, the were in the bed of a truck in the driveway because a third puppy was still there. A few things to consider: 1) I am not really much of a dog person to begin with 2) I have been running for some time and really would like to just finish 3) I am VERY sweaty. I am not sure what type of dogs there were but they were cute and they were big for puppies. They were very friendly, but I could not get away from them. I attempted to keep running to get away, but they were jumping all over me and at my feet and made it impossible. Not to mention that they apparently enjoyed my sweaty legs because they would not stop licking them. I can only imagine the site that I was in the middle of the street. An older gentleman pulled up in his car across the street while this was going on and simply raised his hands in the air as if it say " I feel sorry for you, but don't know how to help." So after what seemed like 5 minutes of these two puppies jumping and licking all over me, I finally rang the doorbell of their house since I could not seem to get them off of me. By now I have a small hole in my new shorts (annoying) and scratches all over my legs from them. I am starting to go a little crazy having these puppies jump all over me. This is where the story gets good. I ring the bell about 5 times (it is 8 am) before a lady answers. I explain that her puppies will not leave me alone and all she says is "Did they jump out of the truck?" Well, it would appear so. She has only peaked her head out the door and then shuts it. Stupid me thought she was putting shoes on or clothes and was going to come out the open garage door. Of course she would not do that - it would be the polite thing to do. She does not come out!!! I am furious now, as the puppies are still jumping and licking all over me. I obnoxiously ring the door bell (where you keep holding it down) for about a minute. She opens the door all the way this time and get this - she cusses me out! I get a long string of explicatives for ringing her front door. I tell her I would just like to continue my run and that I should be able to do that without HER puppies chasing me. She still never steps out of the house or attempts to grab the puppies by the collar. She just cusses me out and tells me to go on. I explain that the puppies will chase me as they are STILL all over me. I take off across her grass and one does follow and I am fuzzy here with details, but I think she calls it back. Anyway, I am safely on the street and she is still cussing at ME. What, these are your puppies! I tell her I might just call the pound, followed by more choice words from her. I finish my run and I am furious by this point. I can not believe how rude she was to me. What do I do? I drive back by, not walking back by that house ever again, and write down her address and call the police. I file a report to a very nice officer and made sure to let him know that I never would have complained if it had not been for the way she treated me. A simple, I am so sorry and pulling her puppies off of me would have done the trick for me. He assured me that I was completely correct in filing a report and there is a law in Palm Coast that holds a major fine for dogs not on leashes. The officer was going to make a visit and talk to her and tell her that animal control would take her dogs if it happened again. That made me feel better. I hope that she thinks twice next time before she treats someone as terribly as she did me, but I doubt that she will. It amazes me at how rude people can be and it saddens me that people live with that much hatred and anger inside. She obviously does not have Jesus in her heart. So, that is my crazy story from the morning and I am altering my route from now on to be far away from that house.

On a different note, I have so enjoyed having the week with the kids with no work. They have gotten along really well and we have been enjoying our summer vacation. Here are some pictures from our past week.



After running errands and story time at Books A Million the kids had snow cones for a treat after lunch. I love how Aubrey's eyes are cutting over to look at Ethan. This is so Aubrey right now, she is a big follower of her big brother.

Derek showing the kids how to make bubbles out of a cup with dish soap. He said he used to do it all the time when he was a kid and loved it. When he asked Ethan if he liked it his response was "It was interesting."



Crazy boy had this set up yesterday afternoon. He ran the hose over the basketball goal and was just sitting under it letting the water fall on him. It has been very hot!


We had a birthday party to go to that was a Batman theme. Ethan is so thoughtful that when it was time to make the card he looked all around for his drawing book. He remembered it has a superhero section and wanted to make one for the card. I was very impressed with his superhero. It is one of those books that tells you step by step how to draw.

Aubrey wanted to have her picture taken with her cards as well.


No comments: