Monday, July 26, 2010

Ice Cream Truck

We have been waiting for months for the ice cream truck to come by our house. Great Grandma sent some money for this purpose in one of the kids birthday cards. I was recording the kids in the below video when all of a sudden I heard that familiar noise. I ran out the front door only to see it driving too far down the road to catch it. Ethan had the great idea that maybe it would come down the road behind us. I quickly put on some shoes and grabbed the money to see if I could find the truck. Aubrey was struggling with finding shoes to put on so I told them I would hold it if it came. Sure enough I heard it coming down the street. The lady was very nice to wait for the kids to come running across the yards from our house.
Ethan is partial to the ones with the bubble gum eyes.
Aubrey was a little jealous over Ethan's and we had to talk about complaining. She has tried ones similar to that before and she has not liked them in the past. I chose this popsicle for her because I was like the ones that she loves at Sea World. At one point I took her treat away from her and told her I would throw it into the trash if she could not be happy with it. How does one find something to complain about when getting a treat from the ice cream truck? Complaining is really an area that Aubrey is struggling with and I am trying to teach her this is not a good character to have, as nobody enjoys being around a complainer. Definitely a work in progress right now.

Here is a really cute video of the kids playing today. I believe they were playing house. They were going on a road trip.

No comments: