Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lake Day 5

Fishing with Uncle Keith this morning - Ethan still in his pjs. We have had great weather. Not even sure why I brought clothes for Ethan. He has basically been in his bathing suit all day and then into his jammies for bed. Besides for church on Sunday, I think he has hardly been in regular clothes. This boy is loving the lake - I think he might turn into a fish before we leave.

We broke out the Play-doh this morning.
Great Grandma found some old cookie cutters that they loved. They played with it on and off all day today.
After lunch, Kelly and Keith had to leave to get back to work tomorrow. That left only Mommy, Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandma as playmates. Here I am playing catch with velcro paddles with the kids. Aubrey would get so excited when she would happen to catch one, usually by accident.
Grandpa pulling Ethan around on the hot dog in the water
Grandma even joined in on the fun!
Grandma brought some crafts to do that were supposed to be easy. I was recruited to help and we lost track of time, but it had to be at least an hour and a half to make these things. They were not easy, but they turned out really cute and the kids sure had fun.


The final products!

Hair: If you are wondering what happened to Ethan's hair, Derek was giving it a quick trim before we left and I heard "opps" from the bathroom. It resulted in pretty much shaving his head. Besides remembering to put sunscreen on his head, it has made it very easy for being at the lake. The hair incident would have made a great blog post, but it was right before we were leaving to catch our flight out of Orlando and the camera was already packed, so I had to pass on taking pictures.
Due to Aubrey's ear problems she would not let us get near her ear and that included washing or brushing her hair. I do not think it has been washed in three days and brushed for two. She has been sporting a very loose pulled up bun that Ruth so nicely did for her yesterday. It worked again today, but she is taking a shower tonight and I am prepared to use lots of detangler to brush through the mess.
Great Grandma's neighbor offered to let us use her pontoon boat tonight for a ride. I chose to stay back and get some laundry done. My dad is known for extrememly long boat rides. I sent the kids with their jammies on and teeth brushed hoping they will come back asleep.
This has been a very relaxing and enjoying trip. I have already finished one book and am onto another one. There is always some around who will play a card game- we are big on games in my family. The kids usually have someone around to entertain them. Besides church on Sunday I have not dried my hair or put any make up on-no need to impress family. So far my plan to run 7 miles each day to combat all the food we eat at the lake has been working. When I put on my jeans after my shower and they fit just fine, I celebrated with a Coke float! We miss Derek, but sure are having a nice time. I have such great memories spending weekends as a kid at the lake that I am glad my kids can now share in those memories.











No comments: