Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bruster

Here is a picture of Bruster getting his teeth brushed. Our nice system of the baby gate does not work any longer because he can jump out of it. So, he is back in the crate. After doing some research online last night I found out the the vet can give him something for the separation anxiety. We were lucky to get an appointment today and that is indeed what he is suffering from when we leave. He got a medicine to calm him while in his crate. He also said that we could use children's benadryl. I tried it out this afternoon and he still peed, but he is was not barking crazy or trying to move his crate. Hopefully this will work better. Bruster is with our pastor and his family while we head to Ohio for Thanksgiving.
I also got him a cow hoof to chew on which was suggested by the vet to put in the crate with him.
I just had to take a picture of Ethan playing office today. Derek is moving offices at work so Ethan was doing that today as well. All of the items around are strategically placed and part of his decorating. He is so much like Derek. Today this was his police office. Derek gave him our old laptop that no longer works and he thinks it is great.
Ethan was changing out of his police costume to go and play with Seth and he came out of his room laughing so hard. He had put his new underwear on over his old ones this morning so he was wearing two pair all day. We just laughed and laughed and I had to share our funny moment with you.

We are headed to Ohio tomorrow and looking forward to seeing all of my family. I have been frustrated lately with my two children and dog and have not really been taking the time to enjoy them. Today God was very good to remind me of how precious they are and to really stop and enjoy them. While Ethan was at Seth's house Aubrey and I went to Walmart to pick up a few things for our trip. Aubrey saw the little merry go round outside and asked to ride it. On the way out I let her. It was so simple and only cost a quarter and she just loved it. She smiled so big and went "whee" the whole time. That was just the reminder I needed lately of how precious they are and how lucky I am to have them.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Heather ~ I'm so glad that you had a good day with the kiddos. Isn't God faithful to remind us how blessed we are?! You sure are patient to deal with Bruster and a toddler. Whew! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip to Ohio and enjoy some quality family time(and extra hands to help with the kids!).