Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cleaning Out

We had a very productive day yesterday. We cleaned the house and then Ethan wanted to put the Christmas lights up outside. We also cleaned out all of the kids toys. We organized their baskets and got rid of a lot of toys. We are making room for Christmas. I must brag on Aubrey today. So far she has been wonderful. I pulled out a basket for her to play with this morning. She has played while I got dinner ready in the crock pot and now while I am working on the computer. Her favorite is the stacking cups. She has just been having a great time with them. She still wants to be right by me, but she is letting me get some things done! Yeah Aubrey! I am glad I did not get rid of the stacking cups (I almost did).

Here is what our house looking like last night. We ran out of lights for the other column so we will finish that today. When we came home last night, Aubrey got out of the car and just stared and said, Oh. It was cute. When Derek found out we were decorating for Christmas he was a little nervous. He is much better then I am. I told him not to worry, we just did lights and got all the Christmas boxes together in our bedroom. He approved of the lights.
Here is Ethan decorating his tree. He wanted to do it all by himself. I had to assist at the end because all the ornaments were on the front and it kept falling over. He did a great job though.
This is Aubrey's little tree in her room. One of the ornaments broke while I was putting it on. I guess you can not decorate for Christmas without an ornament breaking.
Aubrey's baskets all cleaned out and organized. Ethan has one is his room also. We will see how long they stay this way. I moved some puzzles into Aubrey's room and she already loves to dump them out.


This is Frosty and Aubrey is scared of him. He sings and dances. Aubrey wants me to push the button and then from a distance she will clap and sway like he is, but she gets terrified if she gets to close. She refused to push the "butt" as she calls a button.Not a very good shot, but here she is dancing with Frosty. You can see the perplexed look on her face. She wants to like it, but is not sure.
They both got a new musical toy. They love to push the button and have them sing. They were cheap at Walmart. Aubrey was more interested in Bruster for the picture and my battery died so I could not get a better one. Ethan likes to line all of his up and do a concert with them. He started this at Nana's house. The best is when he gets all of them going at the same time. Craziness! I will have to get a picture of that or maybe better yet video it so you can experience a night in the Overton home!

No comments: