Saturday, November 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy

On Wednesday I got the brilliant idea to make a popcorn bowl for Derek for his birthday from the kids. We had an adventure at the pottery place making it. I left my camera there and did not get it back until yesterday. Sorry for the lack of blogs this week.
Here is Aubrey helping paint. She did pretty well for Aubrey. I called the Lamberts and told them I was really missing them that day. I would definitely have taken one of the girls along to entertain Aubrey while working on the bowl. Luckily, the place was not too crowded and we made it through the 2 hours without breaking anything. She liked the candy machines, the rubber stamps, the paint brushes, the step stool at the sink and of course the phone. There was a phone that she could reach and she must have picked it up at least 5 times. All in all we made it out fairly put together. Some paint on our clothes, but that is to be expected. After 2 hours I was ready to be done and that is how I left the camera on the table.
Ethan did a great job painted. He really liked doing it. We had to do three coats though and he lost interest about the second coat.

Ethan liked washing the brushes in the sink.
Here is our final product. The "popcorn" is the kids finder prints. I was finishing Aubrey's prints and she took her other hand and smeared the "c" and the "o". I tried to fix it the best I could. Always an adventure with her. I decided to let the perfection idea go and decided it had more character since it was from the kids. Derek liked it. We also made up a book for him on Shutterfly with pictures of him and the kids to put in his office.
Ethan putting "candles" in Dad's cake. We had to use toothpicks again like we did for Grandpa's birthday because I still have not remembered to pick any up at the store. Ethan really wanted to to a piano cake for Derek. We made it red velvet because that is his favorite.
Aubrey helping Daddy with the cake. Derek's secretary Ann came over and watched the kids last night so Derek and I could go out to dinner. We went to a Japanese place and the food was really good. The only problem was that our table was freezing. Something was wrong with vent above the table and we had cold air blowing on us the whole time. Our whole table was complaining about it. Oh well, it was still nice to go out without the kids.
Having fun wrestling with Daddy. Ethan and Derek started and Aubrey jumped right in on the action. She is a tough little girl when it comes to wrestling. She can actually beat up Ethan some.
Derek and Ethan played a round of Mouse Trap before going to bed.Here is a picture of Aubrey on my cell phone. We got her holding it the correct way this time, but she always holds phones backwards. It is really cute, except when she gets a phone and runs from you when you try to get it back.

Derek and Ethan went to breakfast with a guy from church and Aubrey and I have been lazy in our pajamas this morning. It is almost 10:30 and I think it is time for a shower. I watched the 2 episodes that were on this week of Women's Murder Club. I have enjoyed the books and really like the show. When we traveled to NC I got the most recent book on tape, but due to 2 wonderful little children wanted to listen to Veggie Tales songs most of the trip we did not get to listen to much. Derek did listen to it on the way to Orlando for his conference last week and then drove my car half the week finishing the book. Since he liked the book maybe now I can get him into the show, so far he has not really sat down to watch it with me. Well, off to shower and wrap some Christmas presents to take to Ohio for Thanksgiving.

No comments: