Friday, April 18, 2008

Let The Festivities Begin

Ethan turns 5 on Sunday and we started the partying today at his preschool. This was the look that greeted me when I arrived with the cupcakes for snack.



He was just thrilled. It was a great mom moment. He was also very proud of his crown.The dinosaur cupcake cake. They did not have it ready when I went to pick it up yesterday so I politely asked if there was a discount and they happily gave me half off. I am learning it always pays to ask.




Enjoying the cupcakes with his friends. Usually they only get half a cupcake but I guess since I was there his teacher let me hand out a whole one so this was really a treat today.
Showing me their green tongues. We then got into a conversation about brushing their teeth and each child preceded to tell me what kind of toothbrush they have. You just never know where the conversation will go - I love it!

Aubrey enjoyed the leftovers. She was much messier at the end.

I have spoiled our children and always make them a cake for their actual birthday if it does not fall on the party day. This is the Alvin and the Chipmunk cake for Sunday.
Ethan loves to watch me decorate cakes and give me pointers on places I miss. He also enjoys sampling the icing.
The dinosaur cake for his first ever kid party tomorrow. It is a dinosaur theme.I thought Aubrey was napping while I was doing the cakes. It turns out she was just being very quiet in her room and pulled out every diaper and all the diaper bags. There were at least 200 in the box.
Our church had a parents night out tonight to sponsor Race for Life so we took advantage of it and went out to dinner. Ethan got his face painted while there.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

First of all, I LOVE the picture of Aubrey with the diapers all over the floor. That's totally something Savannah would do!!! As for Ethan, Happy Birthday to him! Way to go on asking for the discount. I did the same thing with my wedding cake after we got back from our honeymoon and ended up getting it half off too! I have to say that he is one lucky guy to get 3 birthday cakes! WOW!! YUM-O