Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Fling

One of the local churches had a Spring Fling today. Derek was working on a video for church tonight so the kids and I went to check it out. It was hot and windy, but we had fun.

The ever popular Bounce House
Ethan going down a slide.
The prizes after the games were a hit.
Aubrey cheated on most of the games. Here she is just placing the rings on the cones. The people were nice and gave her prizes anyway.
Aubrey proudly wearing the beads she picked out as a prize.
Ethan playing a game.
Face painting.
Balloon animals. This is where the windy part comes into our adventure. Ethan got a dog and Aubrey got a giraffe. While the girl was making Aubrey's giraffe, Ethan was picking something up from the ground for me and one of the legs on his dog popped. The lady was very nice and asked if she could make him another one. When we were heading over to get the hot dogs Aubrey's giraffe got caught in the wind and I chased it into the parking lot. I rescued it without anything popping and was bringing it back to the kids. While walking back, Ethan's went flying and ended up in a tree. Now this is about 1 minute after the lady had just made dog #2. I was praying that the thing would not pop as I rescued it from the tree. Luckily the tree was small and I could reach the dog. It survived. We decided to put the balloons in the basket of the stroller until we went home. As I was putting the kids in the car, Aubrey's giraffe got free from the stroller and once again I got to chase it. One of the legs popped in the chase. I am am sure that anyone watching our balloon adventure had a good laugh. End result - Aubrey's giraffe popped in the car. She was alright with it because by then she had a bag of chips.
Aubrey would do just about anything for chips. I have stopped buying them at home because she always wants them so this was a treat for her today.

No comments: