Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor of Love

I have finally finished my labor of love for Derek. He asked me some time ago if I could make a throw blanket for our bed. He had seen one he liked, but it was not the right color. I agreed and it has taken forever to make this blanket. I would work on it and then put it away and recently I got it out and was determined to finish it. I told Derek if Bruster gets into this one than he will be gone from our house. He chewed holes in Aubrey's blanket shortly after I finished it last year. I am now working on that one again.

I opened it up to show how big it is. I will never make a full sized bed blanket. I think I will stick to baby blankets. I have a few that I need to get started on when I finish Aubrey's. I guess this is my season for crocheting. I do enjoy it though. Christy, you know that you are on my list of blankets to make for baby Martin. Any color requests?
Aubrey has been sick for a couple of days. We had a new family over on Labor day for lunch and she blessed us with throwing up while they were there. That was our first sign. She was crabby the rest of the day, but no more incidents. I sent her to school yesterday and when I picked her up they said she was not herself (quiet) and did not eat her lunch. She also had a 100 fever. This morning she is still not herself so we are just lying around watching tv in our pajamas. She thinks that if something hurts she needs ice, so she keeps asking for her princess ice pack on her tummy. Too cute. I am sorry that she is not feeling well, but some days it is nice to just relax and snuggle together.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

WOW!! The blanket is beautiful!!! Very impressive that you have not only the skills to make it, but found the time too. I hope Aubrey is feeling better soon.