Tuesday, September 9, 2008

She Strikes Again

Aubrey did it again! Last night she got into my NEW make up. I am not a huge make up person and things like eye shadow usually last me a year if not longer. On Saturday I bought some new stuff at Target since she ruined my other make up. It was not too bad because they were getting low anyway. Well, last night I was one unhappy mommy! Aubrey has been sick on and off for a week and last night I thought Derek had put her to bed with Ethan so I did not think anything o f it being quiet in the house. Derek went into our bathroom and found Aubrey yet again in my make up. She was probably having a grand old time for at least a half hour or more. Derek asked why I did not put my make up somewhere she could not get to. Right now it is in the drawer of our vanity and it is very easy for me to get at. Obviously, it is easy for someone else as well. The first time Aubrey did it was cute and I told her not to play with mommy's make up. The second time, not as cute, and she got firmly told no. I honestly believed that she would not do it after being in trouble so that is why I left my make up in the drawer. Last night she was spanked, put in time out and probably bathed a little rougher than needed. She cried the whole time and I kept telling her this is what happens when she gets into mommy's make up. I did hug her and tell her I loved her at the end and laid down with her for a longer time while going to bed. I now have the make up zipped away in a bag. You have to love all the little finger gouges in brand new make up. We are going to look today for play make up for her. Hopefully, we will not have any more incidents.

No comments: