Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Car and Alligator Farm

My parents came in town to bring us our new car! When we moved to Fl Derek and I were tossing around the idea of getting a bigger car for traveling back to NC for visits. My parents offered to give us their 2003 Honda Pilot if we would wait a year for my brother to get out of college. We had to think about that for about a minute before we said sure. The car has 100,000 miles, but we hope to get several more years out of it. We are very thankful to them for being so generous to us. What a blessing for us. We have been talking about it and Ethan did not think it was right that we not pay them something for the car. I asked him what he thought we should give them and after thinking for a few minutes he proudly announced that he thought we should pay them $5. I told him I thought we could do that, how funny!We went to the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine and had a nice time. The kids got to pet a snake and an owl.




This picture is for you Nana! We know how you love snakes!!
This was a huge turtle that we saw.
Feeding the alligators was a big hit! You put the quarter in and get the little pellets to feed them. We had used all the quarters that Grandpa had and Aubrey kept saying she wanted throw it over there. We all kept telling her that we did not have anymore food. She was very persistent and at least 10 minutes later I finally realized that she had one little pellet still in her hand and that was what she wanted to throw. I told her I was sorry for not understanding her and quickly took her back to the alligators so she could throw it in.


Funny photo idea that Daddy had.


Grandpa's birthday is next week, but we celebrated it last night. The kids were really into helping blow out the candles. I did not do one of my usual cakes, but made a Weight Watchers one instead because I trying to be good. It was still yummy!

Ethan picked out the card for Grandpa all on his own.
Big surprise on his present. We have been doing this for at least 4 years. We always give him a shirt with him and the kids picture on it. He loves them and proudly wears all the older versions as well. This year with the stock market doing so poorly we wrote "Grandpa's Investments" on the shirt. We thought it was funny.

No comments: