Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ethan's Bowling Party

On Sunday afternoon we had a bowling party for Ethan with his school friends. He really wanted to have a party. We chose the bowling alley because it was inexpensive and sounded fun. They really did have a good time and I would do it there again. Aubrey never had a nap between church and the party so she was a little crabby and clinging, but okay. Ethan got a bowling pin to take home that all the kids signed. While opening presents one of the boys kept searching through the bag he gave Ethan and triumphantly pulled out a single Starburst. It so sweet how he really wanted Ethan to have it. After the party we went and used some of this gift cards and money he had received. Ethan has such an opinion now of what he wants. He has been wanting a backpack with only one strap because that is what is "cool." He bought one with his money and came out of the store beaming. The birthday festivities are now complete!



We also have a praise to report: Aubrey is potty trained!!!! It just seemed to click overnight and since Friday she has not had any accidents. We are so proud of her. She still sleeps in a diaper, but other than that it is big girl underwear. Every time she uses the potty she just starts beaming and says "I am doing it, I just told you I had to go!" We then have to do the pee pee dance and she puts a sticker on her chart. When the chart is all filled I am going to make her a cake and we will have a Big Girl Party. I wonder how long we will have to continue the pee pee dancing? I do need to give Derek a lot of credit for the potty training. On Friday I went to the church for a couple of hours and he was very faithful with taking her to the potty and really spending a lot of time with it. He seemed to have the magic touch!

2 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Looks like a fun party! I love reading your blog (I am a friend of Christy Martin- she worked at our camp one summer, and her Mom travelled with my FIL's singing team from Liberty)

You have the sweetest family and I love that you do so much for and with your kids (and you take the time to document it too), you will be so glad!

Wish you would come to California and help me decorate my house!!

Have a wonderful week!

Chrystal said...

Woo hoo Aubrey! I have to say Dave did most of the work here too. Must be a daddy's girl thing! :)