Friday, April 3, 2009

Marriage Conference

Since Nana and Papa were in town, Derek and I were able to attend the Fireproof Your Marriage Conference in Daytona. It is based off of the hit movie Fireproof. We had great speakers and learned a lot. It was our first marriage conference and we will definitely do more. We have a good marriage, but there is always room for improvement! One of the highlights was I WON a gift basket on Friday night.
It has some really yummy fruit.
And some nuts, candles and sparkling grape juice (it was at a Baptist church:)) The basket was really heavy and Derek has to carry it out to the car. There were about 15 couples from our church there and we were spread out throughout the church. After I won the basket everyone knew we were there and it was really funny all the people we ran into after we won it.

On Monday we had a baby shower for Stephanie at church. Of course I was happy to make the cake.
I got to hold little Davis (our youth pastor's son). This was the first time I saw him awake. Ethan says he would like a little brother, but I think we will just have to babysit this little man to satisfy him. I enjoy holding babies, but no more for this family!

No comments: