Saturday, October 13, 2007

Camp Out

After much searching, 20 pairs of shoes and two very nice sales clerks, we finally found Aubrey some shoes. I was losing hope as it did not seem like anything would fit over her brace. We had to go up two sizes and get the wide width. They do not carry many extra wide shoes in the stores. Another problem we faced was that we needed lace up shoes because the velcro would not attach. Most of the shoes are velcro. As you can see the brace is mostly covered by the shoe. We got her this cute brown pair and some white and pink sneakers that light up. Ethan thought they were very cool. Aubrey had her braces on most of the day yesterday and seemed to do fine with them. She got very frustrated trying on shoes and we finally bribed her to sit in my lap with candy.

Derek and Ethan have been talking about camping out on the porch when it cooled off, so last night was the night. Ethan was super excited. We had hot dogs for dinner and then made Smores. They finished it off by eating popcorn in the tent. I am not sure how long they made it, but Derek was in bed at 5:15 when Aubrey woke up coughing. Ethan and Bruster did go back in for a little while this morning. I remember Derek saying something about it being a lot noisier outside.


Ethan wanted me to take a picture of his funny cow face.

Last night we had the privilege of showing Ethan that God answers our prayers. Yesterday I realized that my diamond earrings were missing. I had taken them out in bed and put them on the dresser instead where I usually keep them. I could not find them yesterday. After a lot of searching the floor and drawers where I had left them I was starting to get frustrated and upset. Ethan said we should pray. He said very simply, "God, please help Mommy find her earrings". Well, the night went on and no earrings. Later in the evening I thought I would check over by Derek's nightstand because that is where Aubrey likes to get things out of. What did I happen to find on the floor but both of my earrings. I ran out to the tent and told Ethan that God had answered his prayer! I then taught him how important it is to thank God when He does answer them. Ethan then said, "God, thank you for helping Mommy find her earrings". It was a wonderful moment. I wish I handled all of my problems that way and took them to God first instead of getting upset. Again, I am reminded of what a responsibility it is to teach my children how real God is in our lives.

No comments: