Friday, October 5, 2007

Story Time




Yesterday we went to story time at a library in Daytona. For some reason I have always thought story time at the library was a very stay at home mom thing to to. I have always wanted to do this with the kids. Anyway, we found a great one yesterday. Ethan got to put up a cloud during the story It Looked Like Spilled Milk. After the story time we went to this great room that has all sorts of reading furniture and read a book. The pillow looks like a big pink eraser. They also had a separate room of toys. This is key that it is separate from the books so Aubrey can explore without pulling all the books off the self (she likes to do that). They had a puppet theater, a dress up station and a bunch of toys to play with. We had a great time. We could have stayed longer, but we had to get to the mall to try to find them Christmas outfits for their picture next week.

We ended the day with Dad and Ethan playing a round of Candyland. Oh yeah, I also got to go to Walmart last night all by myself -it was glorious. Derek says he did not really have a choice in the matter, but none the less I enjoyed some time alone.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Oh yes! That alone time is so wonderful, isn't it?! Savannah goes to school on Fridays and even though I spend my five free hours each week running errands, I LOVE IT!!! Glad to hear that things are going well for you guys in FL!