Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday Morning

Today we made caramel apples and carved our pumpkin. Before this adventure at home, Aubrey and I had some excitement at the post office. As we were waiting in line, she was very good and was saying hello to people and being very friendly. She even stood and held my hand for a little while. We were at the counter, I was paying and she was standing right around me. Well, the lady next to us had to do something to her package so she stepped back and you guessed it - tripped over Aubrey. Both the lady and Aubrey went crashing to the floor. Aubrey is screaming and everyone in line is silent and staring at us. I finished up as quickly as I could and got out. I did ask the lady 3 times if she was okay and she assured me she was. Aubrey did stop crying by the time we got to the car and seemed fine. It was just a very high stress moment. When I got home and told Derek about it he asked if Aubrey really did anything wrong and I said no, I guess not. It was just a strange accident.
Here Ethan is taking the stems off the apples for us.

Ethan enjoying his apple.
Aubrey eating her apple. She ended up shirtless and eating the apple to the core and crying for her apple when I had to throw it out. They both had baths afterwards.
Aubrey was very interested in the pumpkin. She liked playing in the pile of pumpkin guts the best.
Scooping out the pumpkin insides.

Mom helps with some of the scooping.

Ethan does not like to touch the "yucky" stuff, but I made him do it for a picture. Aubrey did not care- she is up for anything.

Ethan has now changed into another costume and Aubrey is still working on her apple. Mom did most of the carving - it took a while. Ethan picked a intermediate design instead of easy this year.

Here is the final product. It is 4 monsters in case you can not tell. Ethan gave me a hug and said I did a really good job. That made it all worth it. Derek cut off the top and took pictures. He also made lunch. He says he is moral support.

No comments: