Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baby Blanket

I was inspired to make a baby blanket for our good friend Christy's old roommate whose blog I keep up with. Dolly had posted some pictures of the nursery and I wanted to try to make a blanket to match. It was my first attempt at something like this. Thanks to Pam for some helpful advice. Below was my inspiration:
This is what I ended up with:

Here is a picture that Dolly posted of the blanket in the nursery. I was happy with how it turned out.Derek and I enjoyed our time away in Orlando. We are so THANKFUL to Danny and Joy for coming down and watching the kids for us. On Sunday night we went and saw Fireproof, which I would HIGHLY recommend. It was a great anniversary movie to see. We even went out and bought the book that it is based on. The book is a dare for 40 days to learn to love your spouse unconditionally. Derek and I have a great marriage, but he sees the worst part of me that others do not get to witness. I know that I can always love him more so I am excited to do the book. I get to do it first because we decided if we both did it at the same time we would know what the other was doing. Each day you are supposed to do something for your spouse that maybe you would not normally do. Anyway, all that to say go see the movie if you have not already and the book is on sale at Lifeway for $10.
We spent two days at Universal and had a good time doing all the adult rides. Yesterday was not crowded at all at Islands of Adventures and we basically got to walk onto all the rides. It does not get much better than that.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Heather, the blanket turned out BEAUTIFULLY! That was so sweet of you to do that for Dolly...she absolutely LOVED it!!! Miss you all and I'm so happy you had a good anniversary. :)

helms said...

Wow Heather! That is impressive!
I'm glad I found your blog again. I lost it when my computer crashed, but thanks to facebook, I have been led in the right direction again.