Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ethan's School Party

Ethan had his class fall party today and Derek and I went in to help. A big thanks to Ms. Linda for watching Aubrey for us. Ethan was very excited about his party.
He is making a monster out of food that they later ate for snack. His completed monster. He later told us that this was his favorite center.

Concentrating hard on a pumpkin. It was really a cute activity. Each piece was chosen by age, gender, what type of costume you are being for Halloween, etc. Derek and I started at this table helping the kids. We quickly ended up at the bat table with all the glitter, as this table needed some help.
Here is Ethan making his bat. We helped trace and cut out hands and monitor the glitter. Boy, do Kindergarteners LOVE glitter.

Ethan making a witches hand out of candy corn and popcorn.
Derek helping with a bat. I had to take a quick picture because he really is a great dad. There were are few other dads there, but gets the prize for actually helping. I love that he is not afraid to get right in there with kids and even get glitter all over him. He was looking very handsome today as well in his sports coat:)


Mom and Dad with a very happy little guy. I love that I am able to stay home with the kids and be available to do stuff like this. Ever since I was a teacher I thought of how great it would be to be involved in my kids class. I also had plenty of experience with parents so I am trying really hard to be the type of parent I would have enjoyed in my class. It truly is a dream come true!

No comments: