Thursday, October 9, 2008

School Stuff

I wanted to share Ethan's first official school picture, not counting preschool ones. I was pleased with it, as you never know what you will get. Your standard school picture - no CameraKidz mind you. Joe or Penny if you read this notice the Life Touch printed in the bottom corner. I thought that was sort of tacky. Anyway, that is his school picture that will mark his beginning of Kindergarten.Aubrey also brought home a fund raiser today. Now, as far as fund raisers go I thought this was pretty ingenious. Aubrey did a piece of artwork and you can order it on all kinds of things from key chains and luggage tags to mouse pads and t-shirts. They sent home a magnet that we can either purchase or send back and I have to admit that it is really cute. The "ice cream" is her hand and the "cherry" is her fingerprint. She also painted the yellow background. Derek and I were both impressed and this is one fund raiser I don't mind participating in. Who can pass up a creation that their child made? Mom, this is what I was talking about. I will let you know all the things that can be ordered.


Oh, Derek found a new sink top for our guest bathroom on clearance at Home Depot. When I asked him if he knew how to do it, his comment was "How hard can it be, there is a first time for everything." I will keep you updated on that little project of his and promise to have some good pictures! By the way, Derek is such a great Dad. He is going into Ethan's class tomorrow afternoon (his day off) with his keyboard to do music with them. He is going to do it at least once a month if not more. What a good sport! I can just see Ethan's face beaming with pride thinking that is my Daddy.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Now that is one creative fundraiser!!