Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Playing With Aubrey

Aubrey decided this morning that she wanted to iron, so we got out the play set and some clothes for her to iron. She takes after her mom and is a quick ironer, more of a quick once over. I have been convicted lately about not really "playing" with the kids. I am with them all the time, but I am not really giving them quality time. I am trying to give them each 20 minutes of my undivided attention each day - that should not be so hard should it. Well, today I took a break from cleaning and played blocks with Aubrey. She wanted to build a castle. We had to build it at least 4 times before we took the picture because she kept accidentally knocking it over.
The finished product with her little princess fro the castle.
She started to knock it down and you can tell she is trying to figure out if she should or not.
Mommy said it was okay to knock it down and look at the joy on her face. Knocking down is so much more fun than building!
She loved spending time with me and even cleaned up the blocks when we were done without my asking - that is an accomplishment!

We followed the bus home today from school and realized that since we have changed to our actual school building he would not have to ride the bus as long, so he wants to try the bus again. We will see how long it lasts this time.

No comments: