Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chocolate Marshmallow Pillows



I got this recipe in an email from Betty Crocker and since I love chocolate and marshmallows together I thought I would give it a try. Let me tell you that it did not disappoint! Words can not describe how delicious this cookie is. Here is the recipe in case anyone is interested.
Cookies:
1 pouch Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie mix (my Target did not have that so I used the regular chocolate chip and added about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 T. water
1 egg
2/3 cup chopped pecans
12 large marshmallows, cut in half (I only used 10 because I only got 20 cookies out of the dough)
Frosting:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 t. butter ( I just realized that it says teaspoon and I used a Tablespoon- don't even know how to measure a teaspoon of butter)
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar

1. Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water, egg and pecans until soft dough forms.
2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoons.
3. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately press marshmallow half lightly, cut side down, on top of cookie. Bake 2 minutes longer or just until marshmallows begin to soften. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add whipping cream, butter and vanilla; blend well. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
5. Spread frosting over each cooled cookie, covering marshmallow. Let stand until frosting is set.

No comments: