Saturday, December 26, 2009

Swimming on Christmas Day

We went from being all bundled up in ice, to swimming in the pool at our hotel. It was about 74 degrees outside, but the pools were heated and felt like bathwater. We stayed in the water close to 3 hours. This is the best picture I could get of Ethan coming down the waterslide.
It was completely dark inside and was really fast. He was scared at first, but I told him he just had to do it once and if he did not like it he did not have to do it again. Well, he loved it! He did it at least 20 times. There were some other people swimming, but there were only ever 3 people in line for the slide and most of the time he walked right on. I thought he would really like it so I am glad he gave it a try. Sometimes we moms really do know what we are talking about. Aubrey went down once and that was it for her. I do not think she liked the dark, but at least she tried it.

Aubrey jumping into the pool. She did her first jump all by herself several months ago at a friend's pool, but I did not have my camera to document it. This took some coaxing to do and eventually she did it as long as Ethan held her hand and jumped with her.
I know her head looks very close to the edge, but it was not that close and she did not hit the wall- just in case anyone was worried!

Just chilling out enjoying the pool.
This is their circus they got and they had a lot of fun playing with it since we had some time to just hang out in the room that evening. Wasn't that a good idea for me to bring it to play with?
Well, I thought so but Derek was so embarrassed that I would carry this into a nice hotel. I must say it got several comments both going up to our room and coming down as I proudly carried it. Ethan told Derek "Dad, you do have kids and it is Christmas - I think it will be okay" Too funny. I had Derek take a picture of me carrying it out to the car this morning to add even more to his embarrassment. The things he puts up with I tell you. The kids had a lot of fun though.



No comments: