Saturday, December 26, 2009

ICE in Orlando

Since we were staying in Florida for Christmas Day, Derek thought we might be a little lonely since we are used to be with family, so we planned trip down to Orlando. He found out about this ICE thing at the Gaylord Hotel and we thought it would be neat. I especially liked that I would feel cold on Christmas Day. The ICE exhibit is 9 degrees. We bundled all up and they give you parkas to put on. It was really neat and the pictures do not do it justice, but I tried.



Everything is carved out of ice and I really was impressed at how vibrant the colors were.
Eskimo kissing

Aubrey telling me that her face is cold. That was really the only part that was cold, except for my hands because I kept taking my gloves off to take pictures.


Aubrey touching fire
There was a carousel out of ice, but it did not turn.

The kids and I by a penguin because I have a strange fascination with penguins from my first grade teaching days.


Our only picture with Santa this year.


This is Aubrey on her first trip down. She went so slow. She actually had to start pushing herself because she basically had stopped. Her second trip down I gave her a big push and she flew down the slide. She was done after that trip down and her gloves kept coming off and her hands were cold.
Ethan really liked it and must have gone down at least 5 times.



Derek's turn

My turn
This was the nativity scene. We enjoyed it and stayed inside for about 40 minutes or so.

No comments: