Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Festival of Lights

While Derek was at practice tonight I took the kids to the Festival of Lights in our town center. They really liked it, but it was cold. The car said the temp was 54 so I thought we would be fine in jackets/sweatshirts. We wish we had coats and gloves on. I love that it is cold, but I guess we were not prepared enough. I am not sure why it seems so cold in Fl when it does get cold, but the temperature is not really that cold. We were at several t-ball games were we were freezing in 50 degree weather, but in Ohio we can play outside in 36 degree weather and be fine. It just does not make any sense to me. Probably not to any of you either...moving on!

I bought Aubrey this cute little jacket and pants at Target today. They were both on clearance and I have had my eye on this jacket for a long time. I was still debating about whether I should get it or not, since it was only 30% off. I had her try it on and a lady walked by and commented on how cute it was. I struck up a conversation with her about how I was not sure if I should get it. She told me I just had to get it because it was so cute on her, especially with the brown pants I had in my cart. So, as you can see that was all the convincing I needed and it will come in handy when we go to NC next week. The sleeves are also a little long, so I hope we can get to years out of it.

I told them I would take their picture by their favorite ones, and they went a little crazy and wanted me to take their picture by all of them. Why not, they had fun!


Ethan really liked this one, I think it was his favorite. Aubrey liked all of them. I did not take a picture of them because they were at the beginning and Aubrey wanted me to hold her (she fell asleep on the 5 minute drive over) but we found them to be very humorous. For the 12 Days of Christmas, there is 1 partridge in a pear tree, 2 turtle doves and 5 golden rings. That is it. We thought maybe there we be one added each year, but it was the same way last year and why the skip to 5? Anyway, we thought it was funny and got a good laugh. I will try to remember to take a picture next year. The simple things in life!

No comments: